Spots, bumps and rashes on the penis skin are common. In most cases, they are harmless, although they may cause embarrassment and discomfort. All men should be aware of the symptoms associated with penis rash. However, self-diagnosis of penis skin conditions is never a good idea. Penis rash symptoms that are accompanied by swelling, oozing, bleeding or fever should be seen by a medical professional. In addition, treating the skin of the glans and shaft with a health formula containing penis-specific vitamins and minerals may help to clear up minor skin rashes, keep the penis free of harmful microbes and prevent the appearance of rashes on the penis.
Penis rash symptoms that all men should watch for
The following list describes some of the most common types of penis rashes, as well as what causes them and how they are treated. This list is not comprehensive, and other causes of red penis skin and rash may be indicated.
• Psoriasis – This common skin condition often presents as a red, scaly rash on the penis with a defined border. While it is not contagious and cannot be transmitted to a sexual partner, it can cause discomfort and embarrassment. Psoriasis is often treated with vitamin A, or retinol, which is often effective for restoring the skin’s naturally smooth tone and texture.
• Balanitis – A red, itchy rash on the glans of the penis may be caused by an inflammatory condition known as balanatis. While uncircumcised men are at greatest risk for this disorder, it may also be associated with poor hygiene in circumcised men. Regular bathing, wearing loose-fitting, breathable clothing and treating the penis skin with a preparation of vitamins and natural moisturizers is generally all that is needed to clear up penis rashes related to balanitis.
• Penile papules – A small percentage of men, usually uncircumcised, may develop a series of dome-shaped bumps around the crown of the penis. These are benign and usually resolve on their own. However, supporting penis skin health through use of a vitamin and antioxidant formula can help to create smooth, soft and supple penis skin by boosting the body’s natural healing abilities.
• Fungal Infections – Fungal infections are common in the genital area, as these microorganisms thrive in this warm, moist environment. Yeast infections, caused by the same fungus responsible for feminine yeast infections, may cause a red, itchy rash and can be transmitted to a sexual partner. Jock itch, another type of fungal infection, may also present as a red, spreading rash that can cause severe itching. Keeping the area clean and dry and treating the skin with a combination of vitamins A, C and B5, which have natural immune-boosting properties and speed healing of damaged skin cells, is recommended to assist in preventing fungal infections of the penis.
• Skin allergies and sensitivities – Men who have a latex sensitivity may develop a severe rash that itches or burns after contact with a latex condom. In addition, the chemicals in soaps, detergents, deodorants and fragrances often cause skin irritation, which may lead to itching, swelling and rash on the penis. Avoiding substances which are known to cause adverse reactions and treating the skin with a nutrient formula which supports skin health can help to soothe irritated skin and promote rapid healing.
Avoiding penis rash
Men who are prone to penis rash should follow these steps to avoid uncomfortable and embarrassing breakouts of the penis skin:
1. Shower or bathe regularly – once a day is recommended – using an all-natural cleanser without fragrances or dyes. The area should be dried thoroughly before dressing, and breathable, non-binding fabrics are best.
2. Moisturize regularly – using a natural moisturizer such as shea butter – to prevent drying and irritation which may lead to skin rash and other minor skin damage.
3. Men who are allergic to latex or rubber should avoid latex condoms. Most retailers who sell condoms offer a selection of non-latex materials, as this skin sensitivity is quite common.
4. Make using a penis vitamin crème containing essential nutrients such as vitamins A, B5, C, D, and E, as well as amino acids for nerve and immune health, a part of the daily penis care routine.
Effective penile rash treatment for all skin types
A specifically designed penis health formula (most health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) containing the essential nutrients described above may help to prevent minor penis rashes, sooth irritated or itchy skin, and restore the skin’s normal elasticity and tone.